Tuesday 31 May 2011

Monday - back to work

Today we were back in the office, although the day began with a meeting at the Biopolis research park in preparation for a booth we will be running for a sustainability convention. 

I arrived early, as I wake up everyday early and like to get a move on things, and treated myself to a kopi (milk coffee) and what I thought was carrot cake.  In fact it was called carrot cake, however, the doe was made of fish ball, and so after a nibble, I could go no further.  Back in the office I dove into work on the organization, and creation of the booth we will be running at Singapore International Water Week.  This little project will probably take up the remainder of my week.  Photos of this all will be posted once available.  After work my little marketing team went to a hawker food court for happy hour and dinner.  I had a few Tiger beers with Henry, and as usual tried a new plate of something.  Rice, chicken and something yummy and something?  Such is the way here.  Point, point, point...guess and check.  Not really sure how else to do it sometimes.  I insist on eating local and trying everything, however, sometimes this method results in discovering fish ball.

Today's only downer is housing problems.There is a delay on when I can move in, so this means I will have to change hostels for a few days while waiting.  This isn't the worst thing in the world because you get to me so many interesting peoples, here perspectives from cultures around the world, and live and experience different quarters.  However, being a place for a few months would be simpler in one place.  No matter, this will give me a great opportunity to live in the infamous Clark's Quay and Colonial Quarter. 

Singapore fun fact day 7: Average temperature is consistent between lows around 23c and highs of 31c...that's the equator for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment