Wednesday 1 June 2011

Living at Clark Quay

Today I woke up in my new hostel, a lovely place - clean, well-located, comfy and filled with cool folks from around the globe (although the latter is typically of many hostels).  Since I have been here I have chatted with migrant workers from India and Bangladesh, travelers from Germany and Canada and many others.  Last night I did laundry for the first time and while it dried, I took an evening stroll in the quay.  The city is so vibrant and full of lights everywhere you turn your head.



So in my freshly washed clothes, I headed to work this morning, but as usual it wasn't long until I was sweating up a storm.  At least I am not the only one as everyone around me as I observed seemed to be in the same state.  And thus why nobody walks.  Seriously, it's hot here!

We are making good progress on our work.  Or promotion materials are nearly complete and our event planning preparation for both the water center opening and the water week booth and moving along steadily.  After a early afternoon brainstorming session, we made a great discovery - there is a pool, it is outdoor, it is accessible to staff (which includes us) and it is...s$7.  We have scheduled Friday's brainstorming and update meeting at the pool.  Seriously, at the pool. 

In about an hour I am off to collect my official visa card.  I think tonight shall be another walk around Marina Bay.  If live on the bay, so might as well take advantage of the lights, the views, the water, the atmosphere.  Tomorrow we are all taking a comp day and going to sit under some palm trees on the beach on the island of Sentosa. 

Singapore fun fact day 8: the locals here drink kopi, which is a type of strong coffee with milk (heavy cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment