Friday 3 June 2011

Under the Sun

Yesterday I went to the beach.  It was a nice needed break, and splendid to get outside and really enjoy the environs.  We took a personal day and went to Sentosa, the Disney Land of Singapore.  The water was quite warm, my estimations put it around 80F (if not warmer).  Daniel, our local friend, met us and we passed a nice day in the water, under the sun, under palm trees, playing frisbee and volleyball and a little exploring,  By nightfall we were gassed, so it was off to a hawker center briefly for dinner where I chowed down on Indian food, which I have really been taking a liking to.  I poured on the curry sauce and felt I was spewed flames - very tasty. 

The other crazy part of my day was my living situation.  They told me that "a little change would take place."  The lobby area was drywalled and three new rooms appeared in its place.  The new lobby opened a floor below as if it had been running for years.  I know construction goes on night and day, but this was a shock.  The hostel itself is my favorite thus far - clean, new, and central.  As my housing situation looks in peril, I have booked up the remained (or most of it) of my time at this hostel.  My living situation you ask.  This lady (with whom the other students are living) told me at first June 1, then it was "well the room will be ready June 5."  Then it was, "well, he needs to find a place to live so maybe the 10th you can move in."  I am all but settled on living in town - love meeting people, the location, and flexibility anyways.  Glass is always half full - especially under the sun.

Today was a great day at work.  We are really moving forward on the booth for water week.  The write up and blueprint are complete.  We need only now come up with a "connection."   Stay tuned to this blog for more on that.  Next week we are to hammer out the most important task - the grand-opening moment of the science center. 

After work I grabbed some grub with the others before heading across town to a new hostel for the weekend - Betel Box.  Supposedly the best.  So far as I write this blog in the lobby I am quite enjoying it.  It has an interesting mix of folks, young and old alike. 
Tomorrow begins the weekend, and there is much exploring to do.  Plans as of this moment include visiting the Botanical Gardens and WWII museum.

For some reason I am having trouble uploading pics - promise to do so Monday back at work.
Singapore fun fact day 12 - Sentosa island was once call "death from behind" because pirates attacked the back doors...Sentosa means quite the opposite, "peace and tranquility"

No comments:

Post a Comment