Wednesday 8 June 2011

Nights on the Bay

For now I am back at my perch on Marina Bay, and life couldn't be better.  I have a new colonial look (for the Colonial District), a very spiffy mustache, and my energy level and desire to get out on the town is at a high.  So the previous few evenings I have been strolling about the bay area, and this is what I saw...


Last night Daniel and his girlfriend Stacy, joined Meghan, Henry and I, and took us to a fabulous hawker center with a plethora of seafood choices.  We ate...stingray, yes, I said stingray - grilled BBQ style, with a nice spicy kick.  I can honestly say it was one of the best things I have ever eaten.  On the side we ate a spicy pasta with seafood which included mussels and shrimp.  Both were served on banana leafs.  Will I be going back tonight for more?  You know it!





My housing situation seems to be shifting once again.  After playing a little hard ball with my potential landlord, I negotiated down the price and deposit so I may not be staying in the Marina Bay area forever...but one thing I know, until I move, I am certainly enjoying my time living on the bay.

Singapore fun fact day 16: Marina Bay is actually a fresh water resevoir

No comments:

Post a Comment