Friday 17 June 2011

Monkeys where art thou?

It's hot, it's Friday and there is an itch in the office.  Work due, closed quarters, and the planned weekend to Malaysia's Tioman island are all equal contributors.  The day began with meeting for our final proposal for the grand opening of the ASC center in three weeks.  Beyond that, it was a day of this and that in getting ready to be gone for a few days.  After work I grabbed some currency, changed some, bought some food for the long trek tomorrow - peanut butter, bread, trail mix, a few canned goods, and water, ate dinner and returned home.  Of course, I am not leaving until tomorrow.  So before spending the evening packing up, I embarked on day three of my monkey quest.

There are monkeys all over my new neighborhood, or so they tell me.  I saw a few from the bus heading into the reservoir at Upper Pierce last week, but I am looking for a close encounter.  So the last few evenings I have set out in the near by woods in pursuit.  Yet so far, nothing.  These primates elude me.  Oh, but I know they are they!



Unfortunately this also alters Operation Banana Bribe.   

Another evening gone, and once again...no monkeys.  Upon returning from Malaysia, a tactic change will need be.  Perhaps mornings or afternoons.  But I remain confident to encounter these monkeys!

So I am off to Malaysia to drink coconuts, exotic fruit, and seafood on some isolated bungalow on the beach.  I hope to see you all right here next Monday.

Happy Father's Day to my Dad, Grandpa and all other dads

Singapore fun fact day 25 - Singapore formerly belonged to the state the Malaysian Federation

No comments:

Post a Comment