Wednesday 13 July 2011

Looking out my window

I live on the 9th floor of a flat.  Sometimes I forget that I have quite the view.  It really is an amazing scene, and seems fairly typical of Singapore.  There are flats all around somewhere in the ball park of 10-30 stories tall (of course you will find smaller, but you will certainly find bigger in Singapore).  And they sit row after row, and line up front and back.  Through buildings lay raised train transport lines that weave between buildings down the streets. 

Then there is a complete contrast right along side.  The Bukit Timah Nature reserve is a mere few blocks away.  Straight across the street sits another mass of forested land untainted.  Amazing. Such contrast, yet both have beauty.  Am I living in a metropolis or jungle?  Of course I could also add the question should we primarily think of Singapore as an island on the sea? 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment