Wednesday 13 July 2011

Mango Lassi

Greetings on a Wednesday morning.  I would like to just begin quick by clarifying briefly yesterday's blog.  The intended message was not that I do not love and miss the folks, places, things back in Wisconsin.  Rather, that I make the best of the opportunity that I have, and that I see the positive in everything when I am abroad. 

I would like to thank everyone back in Wisconsin for being patient with me while I have been away.  I appreciate the support and understanding that goes into seeing someone spend a chunk of time away, wherever they may be.  Thanks to my gf, parents, family, friends, and everyone in Badger country.  I very much look forward to seeing you all soon...

Last night I met up with Daniel again and he took me out for dinner at a Vegetarian Indian restaurant.  I ate or drank this thing called mango lassi.  I think it was some sort of mango yogurt.  Anyways, it was orange and thick, and had a sweet and sour taste.  Very interesting, very weird, and very good.  But I have to say, something about sucking down a cement like drink with dinner is a bit weird.  Even so, my friend Daniel was correct, the drink is cool and soothing when eating Indian food, because it can be spicy!

As I head into work today, I will be hammering out to last minute projects.  With my last day being Friday that means it's really go time.  I still hope to find some time to go to the pool, hike and explore the parks that I wish to see one more time.  Saturday should be ideal for that.  Sunday I will probably have to pack.  So let's hope I can find the time in between!

Singapore fun fact day 52: it will take 10 years for the salt to settle altogether in Marina Bay Reservoir.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you went to Indian Vegetarian restaurant without me. Not fair. I feel cheated.

    Cheers
    Kalyan

    ReplyDelete